Experience the Best of Both Worlds with Our Cutting-Edge Manufacturing Solutions
As a Product Development Engineer, you realise that traditional manufacturing techniques have problems, such as high prototyping costs, long lead times, and limited design capabilities. You’ve talked to suppliers, explored engineering forums, resources, and the internet for ways to speed up the development of your products and give you more design options, but you’ve often been left with only part of the answers you were looking for.
You’ve run into problems like:
- High prototyping costs: Expensive and time-consuming prototypes can have a significant impact on product development budgets and timelines.
- Long lead times: Delays in manufacturing the production tooling often results in missed deadlines and lost business opportunities.
- Limited design freedom: Inability to create complex geometries and internal structures can lead to compromised designs and reduced product functionality.
- Inflexibility in small-batch production: High costs for low-volume production can limit innovation and customisation, leading to reduced competitiveness in the market. Some great innovations never get off the ground because of the costs of traditional tooling and the need to prove a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) before tooling up for volume production.
- Difficulty with customisation: Time-consuming and costly design changes hinder product development and impact profitability.
You know that standard production methods or 3D printing alone won’t provide you with the whole answer you need. You want a flexible approach that brings the best of both worlds together. You need a workflow that will improve your designs, cut expenses, and help you stay competitive in your field.
The hybrid manufacturing approach used by Akhani 3D is an appropriate mix of traditional production and innovative 3D printing technologies that meet the needs of Product Development Engineers like you. Our unique talents, tools and production capabilities will help you overcome the problems you experience in product development, providing new solutions adapted to your individual requirements.
Here’s how hybrid manufacturing by Akhani 3D can help you:
Optimised Production: Leverage the strengths of both traditional manufacturing and 3D printing to optimize your production process, ensuring the most efficient and cost-effective solution for each component.
- Example: Create lightweight, high-strength components by combining metal 3D printing with CNC machining for precision features.
Enhanced Design Capabilities: Unleash your creativity and push the boundaries of design by taking advantage of the flexibility offered by 3D printing and the precision of traditional manufacturing methods.
- Example: Produce conformal cooling channels in injection moulds by utilizing 3D printing for complex geometries and traditional manufacturing for surface finishing.
Rapid Prototyping and Short-Run Production: Accelerate your design iterations and speed up decision-making with quick-turnaround prototypes, while also efficiently handling short-run production.
- Example: Quickly test and validate multiple design iterations of a custom automotive, drone or aerospace component using a mix of 3D printed and traditionally manufactured prototypes.
Customisation and Scalability: Benefit from tailored solutions for small-scale projects, as well as the ability to scale up production when needed, seamlessly transitioning from prototype to low-volume part production to mass production.
- Example: Develop highly-customised, lightweight product components using 3D printing for intricate geometries and traditional manufacturing for precision post-processing and assembly.
Localising Critical Parts in International Supply Chain: Reduce risk, delays, and lack of availability by localising the production of critical components in your international supply chain.
- Example: Improve supply chain resilience by leveraging Akhani 3D’s hybrid manufacturing capabilities to produce specialized parts locally, reducing dependency on overseas suppliers and lead times.
Sustainability: Combine the resource efficiency of 3D printing with the robustness of traditional manufacturing to create a more environmentally friendly and cost-effective production process.
- Example: Reduce material waste and energy consumption by using 3D printing for initial part creation in the production of lightweight, fuel-efficient aerospace and automotive components, while employing traditional manufacturing such as CNC for final finishing and assembly.
Don’t settle for a production method that doesn’t work for you simply because that’s the way it’s always been done. Hybrid manufacturing solutions from Akhani 3D will help your product development process be more flexible and bring in new ideas.
Embrace hybrid manufacturing solutions and revolutionise your product creation process.
Click here to begin a conversation on how we can help you reach your goals. Together, we’ll break down the things that are holding you back and open up new design, efficiency, and performance options for you. With Akhani 3D by your side, you can get ready for the future of manufacturing.